Saturday, April 27, 2024

 


Alicia Keys, styled by Anda Gentile and photographed in NYC for a feature in Interview magazine by Mark Squires in 2007.


For the December 2007/January 2008 issue of Interview magazine, Alicia speaks on her new album As I Am: “You know, I always felt like I didn’t have any fears. I guess I never wanted to admit to having any. But my biggest fear was always that all of the friendships and the relationships that I had built over the years weren’t really as strong as I thought they were or that they were just one-sided on my side. For the death of this person that I love so much to become real was a big fear of mine too. When I first started creating music for As I Am before I went away, it was very strange. [laughs] Nothing made sense. It didn’t sound quite right. I knew the ideas were there, but nothing was quite coming together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment