Tuesday, August 6, 2024

 

Alicia Keys appears on interview television talk show “Charlie Rose” with host and journalist Charlie Rose filmed in 731 Lexington Avenue at the ‘Bloomberg Tower’ in New York City on Wednesday, January 5, 2005.


This was Alicia’s first time on the show. She spoke upon subjects like her latest album “The Diary of Alicia Keys,” her poetry and lyric book released earlier that November “Tears for Water,” founding the nonprofit organization Keep A Child Alive, opening for Sting at Rock in Rio Lisboa earlier in June, and being nominated eight times in the upcoming 47th Grammy Awards.


Following in February at the Grammys, Alicia won R&B Album for Diary, Female R&B Vocal Performance for “If I Ain’t Got You,” R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals for “My Boo,” with Usher, and R&B Song for "You Don't Know My Name," with Kanye West (who also appeared on the Charlie Rose show almost a month after Alicia).


During the interview, Charlie asks the singer about her songwriting process: “I have a million notebooks. I have so many notebooks that it's crazy,” Alicia answers. “But when I travel, I do carry one with me. And you know, with my songwriting, it's not a process in which once one thing ends, then it begins. It's like it continues, you know, it continues through different experiences. I may be speaking to you right now, and there may be one word that you say that will trigger my mind, and suddenly I'm going home and I'm writing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment