Saturday, September 21, 2024

 

Alicia Keys, interviewed for her role as "Alex" in Dove's micro-series "Fresh Takes" created and produced by MindShare Entertainment and MTV, premiering on March 24, 2008.


To celebrate Dove’s Go Fresh line launch, the personal care brand partnered with MindShare Entertainment and MTV to premiere a new micro-series starring Alicia Keys, Lynn Whitfield, and up-and-coming actresses Desi Lydi and Jessalyn Wanlim titled “Fresh Takes.”

Premiering during an airing of MTV’s reality program “The Hills” at 10pm/9c on Monday, March 24, 2008, “Fresh Takes” aimed at giving women a fresh take on life in their twenties. Following three New York City roommates as they embark on their adult lives juggling the pressures of being a 20-something woman -- career, relationship, beauty, family and friends -- all intensified by their own critical inner voice. Amidst these pressures, friendship, humor and honesty help them realize a wider definition of success and ultimately feel beautiful. Three-minute episodes were broadcasted weekly nationwide for over a five-week period on MTV. 


“It’s three of us in the series. We all kind of represent a different type of person," Alicia says in a video interview. "Alex tends to be the one that’s a little more level-headed, the one that kind of tells you what you really need to hear when you really need to hear it. She’s a lot like me, that is how I am.


She continues: “I think Dove Go Fresh is definitely very inspiring and relatable because it lets you know you’re not the only one that feels this way. I think that’s a good feeling to know that you’re not alone when you go through your different insecurities. Also, Dove Go Fresh created this series to really encourage my generation of twenty-somethings to just take a step back sometimes and don’t overwork yourself all the time and just…relax! It’s okay, it’s okay to relax. It’ll all be there when we get back. So, I really like that.


“And so I just feel like there comes a certain point where you just have to say to yourself, you know, even if its every two weeks, every once a month, ‘This is my day,’ and on this day I read all day in bed or I go to the museum by myself because I love it or I take a really long bath or I get a great massage or whatever it is. I think that it’s important for us as women to have that day, take that day where everyone else kind of just sits—you don’t answer your phone, it’s alright, they’ll be there when you get back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment