Friday, May 3, 2024

 

Alicia Keys and Stevie Wonder, photographed during Clive Davis’ annual pre-party for the 44th Annual Grammy Awards, held in the ballroom of the Beverly Hills Hotel on February 26, 2002.


To end the star-studded night, Alicia along with Patti LaBelle, Angie Stone, Tyrese, Mary Mary, and Justin Timberlake, all performed together for an all-star jam session, performing Wonder’s hits “I Wish,” “As” and “Superstition,” along with Keys' “Fallin’”.


On a December 8, 2003 episode of Ellen, Alicia spoke about performing with and meeting Stevie Wonder for the first time: “He gets on stage and there he goes playing, just lightly. ‘Alicia, what do you want me to sing?’ I’m like ‘uh, uh…’ I can’t think of anything. All I can think of is, you know, ‘You Are the Sunshine of My Life,” [his] biggest songs. But I really wanted to do a deep song. So finally I went for ‘As’. One of my favorite songs. We had such a good time singing it. It was really fantastic. I don’t think I sang too much, I was probably a little nervous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment